Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Wolfpack

Last weekend two friends came over for a tiny training camp and some fundiving and fishing. Coach Petter and Il Capitano Philip made the 1000km trip and we started out with the first pool session in a while. We went through the preparations and the set up for the static and we tried to make it as competition-like as possible with countdown and a busy pool with lot's of distractions.


 I have done very few wet No Warm Up Statics but have decided to give it a go, and I am experimenting with different breath ups. This time I did reugular breathing until 20 seconds to OT, then 2 purges and packed 10 times.


I did 6.45 min with a clear SP and Coach Petter did a great job. Not too much and not too little. Then we did some DNF swimming which felt good but looking back on the video...was really awful. Lot's of things to work on.


Then some food and off to the ocean where we did some cool summer dives in 7 degrees water. In July! Nice.. Il Capitanos 4/3 mm surfsuit was perhaps not the best choice for the occasion but he managed a good 45 minutes in the water, which got to be the effort of the day. Or perhaps this year...

We decided to try the ocean from a boat with warm clothes on. And get some coffee down. Il Capitano was back in good form..


Petter got the biggest fish of the day. For a while he was on fire..


It was a short camp but very useful to have a coach/buddie so I could train static in the pool. It is a different thing than doing the dry static. Not so much the times but certainly the feelings. I still feel I dare to push myself much more doing dry static during the "fight" although the feelings are pretty much the same.
This time I kept my arms in the water for 1 minute more than in my two competition statics, so at least that is a small improvement. This time I put them up around 5.40 min.
So...more things to work on

The Wolfpack

No comments:

Post a Comment