Wednesday, August 31, 2011

3 DNF in a week

I wanted to do a few long swims in one week. To see where I was in my training.
I tried 3 DNF swims with a little different approach on each one.

The first 140 meter swim was all about relaxation and soft pushes off the wall.
I didn't get tired in my arms and legs at all, and not to hard with contractions, which meant I was doing something wrong. I had pretty constant speed throughout.

The second 166 meter swim I wanted to be a bit more aggressive and especially increase the force in leg and armstrokes. I also wanted to speed up a bit after the 125 meter turn.
Now I got tired in arms and lower legs(?) and it was much tougher for the body.
I also took away 100 grams off the neckweight but packed the same.

The third 167 meter swim I wanted to try a mix. I wanted to relax and not worry about time and technique.
And not to start doing heavy arm and legs strokes towards the end. It is ok for the body to be tired, which hopefully means the head is ok, but I kind of lose my thoughts in fighting the contractions. I start wanting to reach the end of the swim. Which is never a good thought..
I also had the same neckweight as the 166 meter swim but packed  about 5 times less.

In the end nothing of the diveplan happened. I was never relaxed. Started speeding up and wanting to reach the wall. Weighting was off. I thought about giving up at 100 meters...

DNF 167 meter



Music: Fiktion " the fourth contemplation"

- In all the swims I had a clear head coming up.
- All was No Warm Up.
- No deep breathing before and then one soft purge
  before the final breath.
- I'm getting closer in finding the right weight but still not there...

No comments:

Post a Comment